I want to thank Curious and Curiouser at Raising Orlando for nominating me for a Liebster Award. I’ve enjoyed reading her blog this year as well as her thoughtful comments on my blog. I always appreciate her unique perspective on life and I think O is pretty lucky to have such a cool mother.
Here are the rules:
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I enjoy being with animals more than people.
- I feel about puppies how most people feel about human babies.
- I hate talking on the phone.
- I love Mustangs, football and marching bands.
- I enjoy listening to old 78s from the 1940s on my vintage record player.
- I am fascinated with WWII and the culture from that era.
- In my fantasies I fly jets and shoot down bad guys.
- I love to go camping and fishing.
- I dream of driving route 66 beginning to end.
- I also dream of being fit enough to take long bike excursions through beautiful scenery.
- I watch too much TV.
Here are my responses to Curious and Curiouser’s questions:
- How would you sum up 2015, in one sentence? 2015 has been a year of accomplishing goals and laying the groundwork for the next phase of my transition.
- If you turn around and look behind you right now, what can you see? My deck and back yard if it was day light but it’s night time so all I see is a dark window.
- Name something that scares you. Donald Trump and the people that think he would make a great president.
- Name something that makes you giggle. Baby goats and puppies.
- What is your spirit animal? The turtle. He has a hard protective shell but is soft and sensitive on the inside. When he’s scared he retreats into his shell. I relate to that very much.
- Describe who you will be in ten years. Hopefully a better version of who I am today.
- Name and describe a place that you love. I love to go back to my college and sit in the garden over-looking the river under the mulberry tree and listen to the clanking of the sailboats at the dock and smell the fresh clean air and fragrant garden. It’s a great place to meditate and talk to God.
- What do you think your nation of birth will be like in 25 years? Wow, that’s a tough one. I hope it will be the great nation that it says it is today (the U.S.) but I have my concerns. I hope that we have true equality for all people and are a nation whose leaders really do work for the people that voted for them instead of the corporations and special interest groups that fund their campaigns.
- What is the best thing about blogging? Reading people’s comments and getting to know other bloggers.
- (optional) What do you think of Caitlyn Jenner? I think she is a flawed human like all of us and has a long way to go but her heart is in the right place. I wish her luck and no ill will whatsoever. I think the more trans people out in the public eye the better even if I don’t agree with everything they say and do.
- You’re on your death bed. Name four people you would like to have with you. My partner and my pets. No one else.
My questions for the bloggers I nominated:
- Name and/or describe someone you admire and why.
- If you could own any vehicle what would it be?
- Do you have a hobby and if so what is it?
- What do you think is the most wonderful thing about the world/society we live in?
- What do you think is the most awful thing about the world/society we live in?
- Do you think we are alone in the Universe?
- What is the one thing you’re most afraid of doing?
- What do you think is the one thing that could be done to make the world a more peaceful place?
- What do you like most about reading blogs?
- What do you like most about writing a blog?
- Which blogger that you used to read do you wish would start writing again and why?