Thanks to rimonim and theeegreatdane for including me in the Liebster Awards. The Liebster Awards are a chain of blogposts that introduce readers to new blogs and let us all get to know one another a little better. Below I include the rules, my answers to rimonim’s and theeegreatdane’s 11 questions, 11 facts about me, and my own nominees and questions.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog, by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, which have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the bloggers to answer.
- Copy & paste these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award.
- Provide a link to this post so that they can learn about it.
- Why do you blog? I’ve kept a journal most of my life and occasionally used to send out massive heart felt emails to members of my family. One day one of them told me I should write a blog. At first I wasn’t sure why, but as I’ve started to do it more often I’ve found that there’s a blogging community and that we help each other through life by sharing our experiences with each other. I enjoy the back and forth of the blog world.
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? Why? I’ve always had a crazy dream to bicycle through parts of France….the pastoral country side, not the mountains! Also, I would like to visit Australia some day. I’d like to visit the Outback (not the restaurant) and see a kangaroo in person.
- What work (book, film, music) has most influenced your worldview? Pick a few if you can’t narrow it to one. Wow! There are so many but the ones that pop into my mind off the bat are Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby, Steinbeck’s Of Mice and Men, and the movies Rudy, Bull Durham.
- What is your favorite food? My mom’s fried chicken.
- What was your first job? I was a waitress at a bingo hall.
- What was the first concert you attended (of your own volition)? I went to see Supertramp Breakfast in America tour. This dates me.
- Besides blogging, how do you spend your free time? I work in my yard a lot. We have 5 acres and it’s a bit to take care of. Also I have some hobbies but usually I spend my time watching tv with Candice in the evenings and playing Candy Crush on my Kindle.
- What chore or errand do you dislike the most? I don’t like grocery shopping because it’s crowded and people are rude.
- Where are you while writing this post? Sitting in my easy chair in my sunroom.
- Describe one of the strangest experiences you’ve ever had. After my mother’s funeral my brother, Candice and myself went to visit my grandparent’s graves at a different cemetery. On the way there we had all been smoking cigarettes and cigars (my bro) in the car. When we got back into our car at the cemetery to leave the car had an overwhelming smell of fresh flowers. We all smelled it so it wasn’t just my imagination. I think that was pretty freaky.
- What is the secret of life? According to you, of course. I think we’re here to learn life lessons and to show each other love, receive love and offer help and kindness as much as we can.
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I have a master’s degree in Music Performance that I’m very proud of but hardly ever use.
2. I’ve moved around a lot and have lived in five different states.
3. My hobbies include astronomy, photography and building and flying radio control model airplanes. I also love to go to car shows and air shows.
4. I have a lawn tractor that I love to ride around my yard every weekend and pretend to be a farmer.
5. When I was a kid if you had asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up I would’ve told you I wanted to be a farmer. Or a fireman, Or a soldier, Or a Policeman, Or Elvis, depending on the day and year.
6. I have a dog and a cat that I adore and are my “kids”. They’re very spoiled and I’m proud of that.
7. I’m very passionate about animal rights.
8. I don’t follow a religion but I believe in God and have a rich spiritual side which I’d like to delve deeper into in the future.
9. I love nature and enjoy camping whenever I get a chance.
10. My retirement dream is to RV across the country and explore all of the little back roads in the US and Canada.
11. I crave quiet time by myself to reflect and write but I also love getting together with a group of interesting friends for a fun evening.
Nominees, answer these questions in your Liebster post:
- Why do you blog?
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? Why?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What is your favorite food?
- If you could only choose one of these which would it be? Excellent health, Wealth or Wisdom.
- What’s playing on your radio/ipod these days?
- Describe your perfect day.
- What habit do you have that annoys your friends or SO?
- What do you like most about your best friend?
- Describe one of the strangest experiences you’ve ever had.
- What is the secret of life? According to you, of course.
All readers should feel free to answer any of these questions in the comments, just for fun.